iSeeCars provides a free basic VIN report that includes the following information on the report:
- Vehicle specifications like make, model, trim, vehicle year, engine displacement, towing capacity, etc.
- Vehicle features
- Market value and price information
- Mileage analysis
- Basic accident and vehicle history (e.g., number of accidents, number of owners, etc.)
- Free theft check (there is a link to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) website)
- Free recall check (provides a summary of any recalls for the vehicle — for details, you need to go the NHTSA website)
iSeeCars limits you to 5 vehicle searches per month.
Here are the pros and cons of the free iSeeCars VIN report:
- The VIN report is free. If you are looking for some basic information on a vehicle, this service might be for you.
- The VIN report is very basic. You don't get the details and depth of information found on CARFAX, VINAlert, VIN Check Pro, or VIN Audit.
If you are looking for some basic information on a vehicle, this free report will be “just right” for you. However, if you need some more detailed information like vehicle registrations, service records, detailed accident reports, you should check out VINAlert, VIN Check Pro or VIN Audit. These alternative VIN reports cost a fraction of CARFAX report and provide similar information.