The Vehicle History website provides a free basic VIN report that includes the following information on the report:
- Detailed vehicle history
- Auction & Incidents
- Classified records
- NHTSA recalls & complaints
- Vehicle specifications like make, model, trim, vehicle year, engine displacement, towing capacity, etc.
- Full vehicle report
- List of similar vehicles for auction
Here are the benefits and drawbacks of the free Vehicle History VIN report:
Benefits with the Vehicle History VIN Report
- The VIN report is free. If you are looking for some basic information on a vehicle, this service might be for you.
- The Vehicle History report also shows NHTSA recalls.
Drawbacks with the Vehicle History VIN Report
- There is no option to print or email the VIN report.
- The VIN report is very basic. You don't get the details and depth of information found on CARFAX, VINAlert, VinCheckUp, or VIN Audit.
If you are looking for some basic information on a vehicle, this free report will be “just right” for you. However, if you need some more detailed information like vehicle registrations, service records, detailed accident reports, you should look at VINAlert, VinCheckUp or VIN Audit. These alternative VIN reports cost a fraction of CARFAX report and provide similar information.